Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: inquiry into 'insider' NAMA deal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:52 pm 
Nationalised

Interesting. I have no idea what this will mean in truth. It's been so long. I'm sure Gavin is over the moon journalistically and personally. Tenacity pays off. Perhaps his time at storyful.com (is he still there?) gave him the chance to keep pluggin' away. I know they needed funding early on for all those FOI's.

So NAMA is a public body. To me that's even more interesting than it now being liable for FOI's.

So the legal slight of hand no longer exists. NAMA is no longer the Vatican of Vaticans but an inner cellular division of (EU) Ireland, Republic.

If Irish water wasn't enough now we have a new one hmmm...... so let's see should they change their name to NATIONAL ASSEST & MARKET (MANAGEMENT) AGENCY?

Could we privatise it now and make a few quid while the going is good and no FOI's are out of the gates?

Are there competition law issues now?

Pandora?

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:32 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

2Pack wrote:
Enda Farrell is on the lam now. He may get away with it if he shows in three weeks time and is adequately contrite on the day. ;)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 33358.html

Quote:
He was due to appear before Judge Martin Nolan today to indicate a plea.

Mr Farrell faces 13 charges contrary to the 2009 NAMA Act for disclosing confidential information in May, June and July 2012.

His defence counsel Michael Bowman SC explained to the court that Mr Farrell now lives in France and his wife had a commitment in Germany lasting for two weeks. Counsel said his client had to care for their two young children in the meantime.

What's he doing giving a Brussels address if he "Lives IN France" eh??????

https://namawinelake.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/endafarrell.pdf

According to NWL Enda is up for sentencing on Thursday after some below the radar court activity recently.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:48 pm 
Nationalised

Good PDF. Look at the difference in writing style between that well-written and balanced piece and the shite that the Twitter account spouts. I'd bet the blog person (who may of course not be the original NWL) has lost control of the @namawinelake twitter account.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:55 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Guilty plea, sentencing on 12th May. Definitely one to watch.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016/04 ... ama-court/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:59 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

if they can't make a case that he profited (substantially) from the deal and that the State suffered substantially then he will serve no time.
he has three kids and a wife so it will be hard for a Judge to send him to jail.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:06 pm 
Nationalised

dipole wrote:
if they can't make a case that he profited (substantially) from the deal and that the State suffered substantially then he will serve no time.
he has three kids and a wife so it will be hard for a Judge to send him to jail.

Quote:
Senior counsel Michael Bowman said Farrell had lost everything through his actions. He compromised his entire career, his capacity to earn a living and was stripped of his only asset.

He was financially destitute when he left Ireland for Belgium.

Mr Bowman said Farrell's capacity to earn a living was damaged forever. He is now the main carer for his three very young children, while his wife works. She described him in a statement to the court as a "broken man".

I imagine it is possible that, although he is broke, his wife has a lot of money put by...isn't that how these things usually work?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm 
Nationalised

Well, we know she has a lot of documents anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:02 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Really? I mean, really?

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 47540.html
Quote:
Farrell, a married father of three, did not profit from the disclosures and NAMA was not at a loss as a result of them, Det Gda Lynch said.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:17 pm 
Single Home Owner

Why did he do it then and why is the garda backing him up?

Isn't this the guy who purchased property for a snip off Nama developer?

Think they should throw the book at him. He would have been up to his eyeballs in non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and must have know exactly what he was doing. Any financial destitution he is suffering he brought on himself and one would hope he never works in financial services again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:47 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

lombardox wrote:
Why did he do it then and why is the garda backing him up?

No Garda ever benefited from getting penalty points scrubbed either. Great little country.

Both trying to ride me...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:59 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Mantissa wrote:
Good PDF. Look at the difference in writing style between that well-written and balanced piece and the shite that the Twitter account spouts. I'd bet the blog person (who may of course not be the original NWL) has lost control of the @namawinelake twitter account.

Quote:
Alice’s position is that she was an innocent cog in the leaking, and was unaware of the content of the emails she received at Ernest and Young, and which she forwarded to Enda’s personal email address
:shock: :? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:26 pm 
Nationalised

I predict a 1-year sentence, suspended in full.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:31 pm 
Nationalised

Mantissa wrote:

Sadist!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:36 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Mantissa wrote:

The judge will also ask him to donate to the Poor Box (his barrister will lend him the cash).

To paraphrase Buffet "if he wasn't trying to make a profit from circulating the information, what was he trying to do?"

To get convicted and sent to jail for any form of "white collar" crime in Ireland you must be:
1. A criminal mastermind.
2. Who profited enormously.
3. With zero political connections.
4. Whose barristers couldn't find any loophole out (or appeal to you to go back and fix 3. so the judge can "find" the loophole).

.... oops, after 3 & 4. i realised it is simply not possible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:39 pm 
Private Tenant

AWAAF wrote:
2Pack wrote:
Enda Farrell is on the lam now. He may get away with it if he shows in three weeks time and is adequately contrite on the day. ;)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 33358.html

Quote:
He was due to appear before Judge Martin Nolan today to indicate a plea.

Mr Farrell faces 13 charges contrary to the 2009 NAMA Act for disclosing confidential information in May, June and July 2012.

His defence counsel Michael Bowman SC explained to the court that Mr Farrell now lives in France and his wife had a commitment in Germany lasting for two weeks. Counsel said his client had to care for their two young children in the meantime.

What's he doing giving a Brussels address if he "Lives IN France" eh??????

https://namawinelake.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/endafarrell.pdf

According to NWL Enda is up for sentencing on Thursday after some below the radar court activity recently.

where did that link come from, thought his blog was ceased for some years..and the front page of NWL blog still showing up as no activity in years?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next