Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » NAMAwatch (Pt. I)

Post subject: Irish Times - House Spy!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:36 pm 
Single Home Owner

Have any of ye seen this shite!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sponsored/first-time-buyers-guide/house-spy-on-the-northside-1.2013255

Some quotes:
Quote:
Do many nosey neighbours still come through on open viewings, HS wondered? No, she said, putting the decline down to the fact that they can nose away online from the privacy of their own homes
:lol:

Quote:
The rain finally eased off and at 40 Botanic Avenue, Drumcondra, D9, described as a three-bedroom terraced house, originally asking €299,950 through Castle Estates but its price had been dropped by €40,000, over 13 per cent, to €259,950 mid month, there were several groups viewing the mid-terrace house. Sub-divided into two flats, it was in need of deep pockets to modernise it. "There is an offer of E200,000 on the house", the agent said, discharging the words in what was almost a whisper
:nin

Post subject: Re: Irish Times - House Spy!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:31 pm 
Single Home Owner

Ooo I like this. If I miss a viewing I'll be checking this out to see if they covered it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:35 pm 
Nationalised

The IT goes full pin?

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:53 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

A few interesting little anecdotes. Could be worse - at least they were straight about price drops and low-ball bids. Also this little nugget was of note.

Quote:
A trio of sisters from Co Clare were looking to buy a place in Dublin before the end of the year, hastened by the forthcoming introduction of Capital Gains Tax on investment properties sold within seven years.

One interesting thing about this sponsored content is the blurring of the lines between journalism and ads. Advertorial content is one thing but they seem to have rented Conor Pope, consumer champ, for this one (all sponsored by BoI).

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » NAMAwatch (Pt. I)