Post subject: Re: Kenny's grand Brussels blunder?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 pm 
Nationalised

Peroni wrote:
Pretty awesome by the Indo, just 4 months behind the game - wonder why they need to stick the boot in Kenny now or did they just have column inches to fill.

Fucking hell.

We know what the constructive engagement required since then has been - "roll over and tickle our corporate tax belly".

The Sindo is some shiterag.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:40 pm 
Too Big to Fail

toxicbank wrote:
Does anyone really thing this is a mechenism for Europeans to save face and to back down? You have got to be kidding. It is a way to keep the issue open, to gain a chink in the armor for a future attack.

Easy. We tell that the next time they need an amendment to keep their precious 'European Project' on track; they can go suck an egg !

If Nice I, Nice II, Lisbon n, were still up for grabs, do you think we'd be haggling for the same interest rate the Greeks are getting ? :x

"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 pm 
Single Home Owner

As if it's just Enda alone, in a room, facing the EU negotiators! FFS, as if every response is not green lighted by Noonan and his little helpers first.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

there was something in the FT about this a couple of months ago I think the gist was that the paddies were right to reject it as Van Rompuy was just being a sock puppet for the CCTB wannabes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:14 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

yoganmahew wrote:
Peroni wrote:
Pretty awesome by the Indo, just 4 months behind the game - wonder why they need to stick the boot in Kenny now or did they just have column inches to fill.

Fucking hell.

We know what the constructive engagement required since then has been - "roll over and tickle our corporate tax belly".

The Sindo is some shiterag.

In fairness to Daniel there's a lot of reading in those Economists, I'm a few weeks behind and I'm not the only one. In fact...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/the-ec ... let,20090/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:38 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

This is how the FT are portraying Kenny. Wonder how that twat Daniel and the other creeps at the Indo will spin it.

Obviously he didn't really do anything but at least he didn't give anything away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:25 am 
Of Systemic Importance

fucking hell,

the Sindo still sticking it to Kenny - this time with one of their 'famous' telephone polls

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 29926.html

Quote:
Three out of four people believe the improved terms of Ireland's EU-IMF bailout deal came about as a result of the crisis in Greece rather than the negotiating skills of the Government, according to a Sunday Independent/Quantum Research poll.

The finding that 75 per cent credit the Greek crisis for a better deal will take some of the gloss off the impression the

they seem to be under the delusion that they Enda wants to be the Sindo gimp like Bertie and Cowen were?

For all the qualms I have about Gov policy I hate to see those c***s Anguish and O'Reilly have any political relevance;