Nothing new really. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=24661
Just that NAMA and landlords are now lobbying
the government like hell to get it to weigh in with all its might behind it. (according to the FT as per previous post)
On this lobbying - there was a big play initially that NAMA was separate from the state, whereby formal ownership of NAMA's property loans was to be held by a special purpose vehicle (SPV
), with Nama having a 49 per cent stake in this SPV, with the remaining 51 per cent owned by private investors.
It was pointed out at the time here how often such SPVs are used by the 'puppet-masters' who originally structured the SPV in the first place, to hide their identity, while they direct the show.
ie. The board makes investment “decisions,” but these are virtually dictated by others.
Is that SPV still there? If so, does that not add a much more sinister tone to what is happening with respect to this legislative lobbying? NWL?