Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mein fuhrer, mein gott, mine's a pint...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm 
Nationalised

coc wrote:
If you have the time, WGU ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:56 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

What Goes Up... wrote:
coc wrote:
If you have the time, WGU ...

LOLocaust!

I knew you wouldn't disappoint!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:57 pm 
IMF'd

*snigger* *guffaw*

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm 

This is calssic stuff, just catching up with the days news as I sit laughing at my notebook in a damn airport. It is unbelievable that anyone would defend Cowan on this one, politics.ie is a riot. I like my pint but there are limits, had to scale back Sunday night as had ot fly Monday and attend a few meetings, so what, he seems incapable of scaling back on the gargle once he is in the swing of things, not healthy to say the least and certainly unacceptable for one of the highest paid leaders of planet earth.
The auld wans will not approve of this, similarly the decent, the struggling, etc., this is a step too far IMO, but this being Ireland no doubt it iwll be swept under the carpet with all the other grime and shite of the last 10 years. Ho, Ho!

"This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants." - Blackadder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:05 pm 
Real Estate Developer

WGU, your work is just second to none!!!! So funny!!

Journalist asking Cowen ealrier "Do you think you drink to much", didnt go down well with him & his party!

Milton Friedman best moments

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Good post johnnyskeleton.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:29 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Extraordinary reporting by David Davin Power this evening on the news, who did a better job than any FFer did all day to smooth the wrinkles, followed by a bizarre interview with Mary Hanafin on Prime Time.

“The only calibration that counts is how much heart people invest, how much they ignore their fears of being hurt or caught out or humiliated. And the only thing people regret is that they didn't live boldly enough, that they didn't invest enough heart, didn't love enough. Nothing else really counts at all.” Ted Hughes

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” Anais Nin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:32 pm 

The whole thing reminds me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgOCNgxtt1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_HSCmnFTA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

This is becoming a big story. 70k views on p.ie; 35k on boards politics (11k on politics / 24k AH) under 4k for tpp (but this is a much smaller site after all). Unlike the liveline guys, very little online stuff is favourable to BC.

Kate P wrote:
followed by a bizarre interview with Mary Hanafin on Prime Time.

The very gall of the woman. That she can smile, smile and be a villain. At least with the banks, nama, guarantees etc we can suspect but can't prove that they are lying. But the dogs in the street know that he was hungover this morning. In an Irish court, a non professional witness cannot give opinion evidence except in very limited circumstances, one of them being that every Irish person is entitled to give an "expert" opinion about whether someone is drunk or not based on their demeanor. So we do have evidence that he was hungover. We also have massive circumstantial evidence against him - in the bar till 3am, didn't deny was drinking, accepted that merry times were had etc. So for her to have the fucking arrogance to come onto national television and tell a lie so patently, demonstrably untrue, shows what utter contempt she has for us.

Completely no shame. If she admitted that he might have been a bit worse for wear fair enough, the problem could be discussed, but no, she was given a job to do and she faked it like the best of em.

Here we have it, clear as day (yet again) politicians just lying to us, journalists not holding them to account, and then the opposition spokesperson given an open goal prattles on about the cuts and gets offended when asked about the cuts.

markf909 wrote:
The whole thing reminds me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgOCNgxtt1w

Reminds me more of this one:

Sad drunk and poorly, sleeping really late;
Sad drunk and poorly, not feeling so great;
Wandering lost, in a town, full of frowns.

If you close your eyes you can almost see the amorphous blob slumped like a beano schoolboy and staring glumly into his pint singing this falsetto.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm 
Too Big to Fail

okay, hope this one works

if you could work your magic wgu?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

Gosh, the Papers are really going to town on Cowen. I love the pic on the Irish Daily Mail. Class!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm 

Yeah. If he survives this it'll take Christopher Lambert (of the Clann McLeod) to oust him.

Last edited by coc on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm 
Too Big to Fail

If that photo on the cover of the Mail is real it will be flashed all over the world.Pat Carey suggested it was photoshoped and taken on a previous do in any case.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 pm 
Too Big to Fail

I listened to the interview on Youtube.

He wasn't drunk or even badly hungover just tired. Same usual boring inpenetrable interview full of cliches but not drunk.

Simon Coveney is a tool.
I watched Leo Varadkar on Vincent Browne. He said he didn't seem hungover or drunk to him.
He didn't say this lightly. It is obviously the new party line on the issue.
FG are furiously backpeddling on Coveney's original accusation.

Can you imagine Simon Coveney as a minister. He'd be on a par with Noel Dempsey. 4th rate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm 

If you listened to all of VB though BlameGame, you'd have noticed how they comprehensively demolished the notion that this all kicked off on foot of Coveney's tweet.

This story was on fire 5 minutes after Cowen's last burp on Morning Ireland. All Coveney did was add fuel to the inferno. Try again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next