Board index » The Soup

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: GE16 - Government Formation Watch
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 pm 
Neo Landlord

temene wrote:
temene wrote:
@Namawinelake predicting a general election in a few months https://twitter.com/namawinelake/status ... 8722844672

Ivan Yates also predicting a general election to be called https://www.independent.ie/opinion/colu ... 53309.html

FF cannot keep agreeing with FG on all the crap happening or they'll both be destroyed in future

destroyed by who though? There's pretty much zero chance of an election throwing up anything other than some minor variation of the current setup.

FF are still lagging behind in the polls and Leo is still pretty teflon, not much incentive for them to pull the pillars down on the govt. SF support seems to hit a natural ceiling around 20%.

FF are going to have to grasp the nettle and depose Micheál at some point, he's not the man to lead them back to glory (though I'm not sure who is).

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 am 
Too Big to Fail

shweeney wrote:
destroyed by who though? There's pretty much zero chance of an election throwing up anything other than some minor variation of the current setup.
FF are still lagging behind in the polls and Leo is still pretty teflon, not much incentive for them to pull the pillars down on the govt. SF support seems to hit a natural ceiling around 20%.
FF are going to have to grasp the nettle and depose Micheál at some point, he's not the man to lead them back to glory (though I'm not sure who is).

in [the distant] future

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Open Window wrote:
jmc wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
I cannot f-n believe that Zappone is going to become a Minister. Unbelievable.

Will she change her route to work now or still persist with the BS to get extra €'s?
http://www.thejournal.ie/katherine-zapp ... 3-Apr2016/

A friend moved a few years ago to Spokane, Washington (her home town) I'm tempted to find out what the local scuttlebutt is about her. The first time I saw her she struck me as a complete fraud. A total bullshitter. I've met her sort before. I'm sure there is a very interesting local backstory. A not very flattering one.

Interestingly the current referendum caused this to be unearthed on Zappone

Quote:
"The ancient traditions of witchcraft and Goddess worship provide rich sources for [...theological] reflection." – Katherine Zappone (1) (p.21)
"I have participated in ...rituals facilitated by Starhawk [a world-famous witch] ...where we celebrated the presence of earth, fire, air, and water in our own lives." – Katherine Zappone (1) (p.33)

"...in journeying with other feminists, I have found that the sacred stories of Goddess religions affect my imagination in ways the Jesus story never will. Narratives of the Goddess, hymns to and images of her unequivocally symbolize the power and goodness of the female." – Katherine Zappone (1) (p.39)

"For human life to be rich, joyful, loving, it must be the freely given gift of the Mother – through the human mother ...To coerce a woman ...to bear an unwanted child is immoral. It denies her the right to exercise her own sacred will and conscience, robs her of her humanity, and dishonors the Goddess manifest in her being." – Starhawk, Dreaming the Dark (p.39)

She wrote a book, did you find that?

For e.g. it can be ordered on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Wholeness-S ... 0896224953

Quote:
Dr Zappone in her book, The Hope for Wholeness (1991), we will start with Starhawk (the Craft name of Miriam Simos, a high- level witch who studied under generational Luciferian, Zsuzsanna Budapest):

"...Witchcraft is a religion, perhaps the oldest religion extant in the West ...The Old Religion, as we call it, is closer in spirit to Native American traditions or to the shamanism of the Arctic." – The Spiral Dance (p.26-27)

"The importance of the Goddess symbol for women cannot be overstressed. The image of the Goddess inspires women to see ourselves as divine, our bodies as sacred ...and our power to nurture and create, but also to limit and destroy when necessary, as the very force that sustains all life." – The Spiral Dance (p.33-34)

Quotes src: http://childinthewomb.com/index_htm_fil ... ligion.pdf

more zappone maness https://twitter.com/DeGorgeousWreck/sta ... 9084155906

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Thing Fish wrote:

That Gorgeous Wreck Twitter account is an infinite scroll of nasty shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:09 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Even more feverish election talk this month
FG are at a high, and an election may give them more seats
Leo is chatting to reps countrywide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 am 
Too Big to Fail

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Board index » The Soup