Post subject: Re: So who got flooded tonight ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Caoimhin wrote:

If an area of ground has written across it "Liable to flooding" I stay away from it. Im pretty sure the County Councils have access to these maps.

It called corruption
FF and FG mainly
Lab and anyone else when they get elected
Think the only people not in favour of building on flood plains are the Former Green party

Post subject: Re: So who got flooded tonight ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:47 pm 
Property Magnate

HiFi wrote:
Nanda Devi wrote:
This doing the rounds at the moment. Dundrum Shopping Centre with 5 foot wall of water coming through the doors. Bottom of the page.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... tml?via=mr

My 15 year old daughter thinks it's the end of the world as she knows it, after seeing those pics! (Life just wouldn't be worth living for her and her friends without those weekly trips to Dundrum!)

Post subject: Re: 1 Months Rain in 1/2 Day 25.10.11 - flooding reports etc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:10 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

What I would like to know is was it legal for the landlord where the lady died to bar up the windows. Was there a fire escape apart from the door she couldn't open and is this an accident somewhere else in the city waiting to repeat itself.

Post subject: Re: 1 Months Rain in 1/2 Day 25.10.11 - flooding reports etc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:24 pm 
Nationalised

FB2 wrote:
What I would like to know is was it legal for the landlord where the lady died to bar up the windows. Was there a fire escape apart from the door she couldn't open and is this an accident somewhere else in the city waiting to repeat itself.

When I heard this I thought it may be the end of the slum lords IF the "authorities" get the finger out. In my travels I've seen bedrooms with no windows :shock:

Not to make light of the tragedy but the garbage compactor in Star Wars comes to mind. Horrible stuff.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear