Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Nationwide thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:06 pm 
Nationalised

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:23 pm 
Property Magnate

Getting away with it is possible for the bastard.

Privately, many Irish admire a good auld stroke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:49 pm 
Too Big to Fail

namascama wrote:
Getting away with it is possible for the bastard.

Privately, many Irish admire a good auld stroke.

the only 'Stroke' i'd applaud right now...

"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:29 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

If he was getting these kind of expenses, why doesn't revenue audit his ass?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm 
Nationalised

Anglo asked Fingleton to repay €1m bonus -> http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0929/fingletonm.html

Quote:
The bank, which recently took over INBS, also asked Mr Fingleton to return a watch costing more than €10,000 which the Building Society bought for him as a leaving present.
The bank has received no reply from Mr Fingleton.
Anglo chairman Alan Dukes said he expects some developments on the matter in the next few days.

there is more

Still waiting...

Noonan pushes for repayment of Fingleton’s Irish Nationwide bonus -> http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/noonan ... 0-Sep2011/

Quote:
The board of IBRC – formed from the merger of State-owned Anglo Irish Bank and Irish Nationwide Building Society – has been tasked with recouping the €1 million bonus paid to Fingleton when he stepped down in 2009.

He has pledged to return the bonus but has yet to do so.

there is more

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 am 
Nationalised

Fingleton pension company makes loss - Colm Keena -> http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin ... 48560.html

Quote:
The directors of the company are Anne and William Fingleton, with the latter understood to be Mr Fingleton’s brother.
It was set up in 2007 when Mr Fingleton’s pension scheme with Irish Nationwide was wound up and assets equivalent to the liability figure of €27.6 million were transferred to Carezza.
At the time, Mr Fingleton’s personal Nationwide scheme was wound up in 2007, the trustee (the society) was concerned the scheme’s assets were heavily invested in equities and that these could sharply decline with the resulting deficit having to be funded by the society.
When the scheme was wound up, the risk and responsibility for the management of the assets was transferred to Mr Fingleton.
A report on Mr Fingleton’s pension arrangements drafted last year at the request of the Department of Finance said the assets in the Nationwide scheme had dropped to less than €4 million in value by April 2009.

there is more

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:47 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:
Fingleton rejects banking claims
KITTY HOLLAND

Former Irish Nationwide chief executive, Michael Fingleton, has rejected “in the strongest possible terms” any suggestion that he ran the organisation as “personal bank”.

Giving evidence at the Employment Appeals Tribunal today, Mr Fingleton said the suggestion was “a slander and absolutely untrue”.

The Tribunal has been hearing unfair dismissal case taken by former Irish Nationwide branch manager in Monaghan, Brendan Beggan (48) against the society. He was dismissed in July 2009 for failing to pay a loan.

He has said the culture in the bank was that staff applying for loans did not have to fill in their financial details on loan application forms and affordability was not established.

In earlier evidence, home loans supervisor at the building society from 2000 to 2008, Olivia Green, said it operated different lending criteria depending on who the applicant was, for members of government, the media and close friends.

Mr Beggan, who was branch manager from 1996, had a home loan from the institution and in 1999 was approved for a further £90,000 (€114,300) loan to buy land at Killylean, Monaghan, at a time when he was earning £27,000.

In 2002 he borrowed a further €63,500.

He was also approved for a €360,000 in November 2003, and €382,000 was drawn down.

Counsel for Mr Began, Mary-Paula Guinness, put it to Mr Fingleton, that he had personally approved these loans.

Mr Fingleton had earlier said that loan applications which did not meet the criteria for approval, were submitted to “a higher authority” for approval, in exceptional circumstance. He agreed the higher authority was himself.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing47.html

"By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.- John Maynard Keynes, Economic Consequences of Peace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:23 pm 
Nationalised

Fingleton rejects banking claims - Kitty Holland -> http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing47.html

Quote:
Former Irish Nationwide chief executive, Michael Fingleton, has rejected “in the strongest possible terms” any suggestion that he ran the organisation as “personal bank”.

Giving evidence at the Employment Appeals Tribunal today, Mr Fingleton said the suggestion was “a slander and absolutely untrue”.

The Tribunal has been hearing unfair dismissal case taken by former Irish Nationwide branch manager in Monaghan, Brendan Beggan (48) against the society. He was dismissed in July 2009 for failing to pay a loan.

He has said the culture in the bank was that staff applying for loans did not have to fill in their financial details on loan application forms and affordability was not established.

In earlier evidence, home loans supervisor at the building society from 2000 to 2008, Olivia Green, said it operated different lending criteria depending on who the applicant was, for members of government, the media and close friends.

there is more

personal bank, really...?

McCreevy was given €1.6m loan by Fingleton -> http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 84611.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:58 pm 
Nationalised

Martin demands publication of Irish Nationwide report - -> http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 32178.html

Quote:
Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin has today called for the publication of a report on Irish Nationwide that was concluded 18 months ago.
The building society required almost €5.5bn in bailout funds from the taxpayer.
The Department of Finance said that it has no plans to publish the work from Ernst and Young accountants and McCann Fitzgerald solicitors.
Officials say the reports are confidential and subject to legal privilege.
Micheál Martin insisted that the report needs to be made public however.
“I’m calling on it to be published, I’ll raise it in the Dáil,” he said.
“I think it should be put into the Dáil library, and it should be brought before the relevant committee in Dáil Éireann, for members of Dáil Éireann to have access to it, because it’s part of the banking crisis.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 pm 
Nationalised

BoyRacer wrote:
Martin demands publication of Irish Nationwide report - -> http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 32178.html

Quote:
Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin has today called for the publication of a report on Irish Nationwide that was concluded 18 months ago.
The building society required almost €5.5bn in bailout funds from the taxpayer.
The Department of Finance said that it has no plans to publish the work from Ernst and Young accountants and McCann Fitzgerald solicitors.
Officials say the reports are confidential and subject to legal privilege.
Micheál Martin insisted that the report needs to be made public however.
“I’m calling on it to be published, I’ll raise it in the Dáil,” he said.
“I think it should be put into the Dáil library, and it should be brought before the relevant committee in Dáil Éireann, for members of Dáil Éireann to have access to it, because it’s part of the banking crisis.”

Why didn't he fucking publish it then?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 pm 
Nationalised

Opposition: Publish Nationwide report now - Shaun Connolly -> http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/op ... 79482.html

Quote:
A "sensational" report revealing the failings that led to €5.4 billion of taxpayers’ money being pumped into Irish Nationwide must be made public, opposition parties demanded last night.
Finance Minister Michael Noonan was accused of hypocrisy for demanding openness in probing the banking collapse while in opposition, but "sitting on" a key investigation now he is in power.
The Department of Finance has been in possession of the final report by Ernst & Young and solicitors McCann Fitzgerald since the middle of last year, but insist the findings are subject to "legal privilege".
Fianna Fáil finance spokesperson Michael McGrath dismissed the claims, saying taxpayers still had the right to see it.
"I am led to understand this report is quite sensational and details unacceptable practices that prevailed in Nationwide.
"Those practices contributed to a situation whereby €5.4bn of public money was put into the building society because of how exposed it had become.
"The public should now be allowed to see how this came about and whether state agencies will now take any action because of it.
"Even if parts of the report need to be redacted for legal reasons, it must be placed in the public domain," Mr McGrath said.

there is more

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:43 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Fingers moved his money offshore immediately after a court judgment against him:
Quote:
DISGRACED former Irish Nationwide chief executive Michael Fingleton transferred €500,000 – half of his cash savings – to an offshore bank account just days after he was hit with a €13.6m debt order by Ulster Bank.

Mr Fingleton moved the €500,000 to an account in his name at the Atlas Mont Bank in Podgorica, Montenegro, in November 2010. This account was emptied weeks later, on January 21, 2011, when Mr Fingleton transferred €480,000 to the London Barclay’s Bank account of his son, Michael Fingleton Jnr.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 95793.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:04 pm 
Nationalised

jcsmith wrote:
Fingers moved his money offshore immediately after a court judgment against him:

Quote:
Late last night, Mr Fingleton sent a text message in response to queries by the Irish Independent. The following are extracts from it:
" ... I am unable to comment on matters before the Courts in Montenegro.
"You will simply compound the enormous Libel already perpretated which my Lawyers advise me is the most blatent they have ever encountered.
"I would respectivly advise you to await the outcome of the case. When the case is finalised I and my Lawyers will have a lot to say."

Earlier in the day, Mr Fingleton would not comment on the inspectors' report when contacted by the Irish Independent.

:lol: Attempts at intimidation....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 am 
Property Magnate

BoyRacer wrote:
jcsmith wrote:

Quote:
Late last night, Mr Fingleton sent a text message in response to queries by the Irish Independent. The following are extracts from it:
" ... I am unable to comment on matters before the Courts in Montenegro.
"You will simply compound the enormous Libel already perpretated which my Lawyers advise me is the most blatent they have ever encountered.
"I would respectivly advise you to await the outcome of the case. When the case is finalised I and my Lawyers will have a lot to say."

Earlier in the day, Mr Fingleton would not comment on the inspectors' report when contacted by the Irish Independent.

:lol: Attempts at intimidation....

I think this shows exactly how "lite touch" our Anti Money Laundering regulations and enforcement are, and how they stack up against Montenegro's.

Considering we have over 1000 qualified accountants churned out every year, we can't seem to deploy them more effectively than 400 quid an hour to manage credit unions.

Its becoming more and more obvious that the only mistake the elites are making is moving themselves and their cash out of the country (aside maybe from the usual offshore hot spots which have dark secrecy laws)

Ireland is no nearer to becoming accountable for money laundering then when we opened the doors in the IFSC haven. We did this to get our hands on service fees that dirty money would bring. And in time we will close the doors when we realise the same lack of enforcement is leading to massive flight of money with is rightfully ours (via the banks). This will be another clear case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 pm 
Nationalised

Did he really say "respectively" and "blatent"?

Did he really capitalise libel and lawyers?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next