Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?

Post subject: 9 Ranelagh Road, Dublin 6
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:37 pm 
Speculator

Thoughts on how much this is worth (i.e. will sell for) in this market?
http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... -6/2557702

Post subject: Re: 9 Ranelagh Road, Dublin 6
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

live wire wrote:
Thoughts on how much this is worth (i.e. will sell for) in this market?
http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... -6/2557702

Really hard to tell without detailed surveyor report but I don't think there'd be many willing to convert to a house in this location. It looks like a 500k job to do that and then you'd have a nice house surrounded by uncoverted pre 63s in bad condition on a main road close to some dodgy elements

Think would be better upgraded and converted into rental apartments as would be a strong location for that but whether you'd get the planning for the configuration you'd need I don't know

Someone will probably take a punt for 500k and regret it though

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:52 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Elano09 wrote:
It looks like a 500k job to do that and then you'd have a nice house surrounded by uncoverted pre 63s in bad condition on a main road close to some dodgy elements

Houses like this will all gentrify and be re-converted to trophy family homes in due course.

They have location and character. The only thing wrong with this house is half a century of neglect. This can be fixed, if you have the time and resources.

The two factors driving the gentrification (income inequality and the bedsit ban) aren't going away.

Over the long run I would wager north inner city (Mountjoy Square, Hill St, etc) will gentrify too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

Skippy 3 wrote:
Elano09 wrote:
It looks like a 500k job to do that and then you'd have a nice house surrounded by uncoverted pre 63s in bad condition on a main road close to some dodgy elements

Houses like this will all gentrify and be re-converted to trophy family homes in due course.

They have location and character. The only thing wrong with this house is half a century of neglect. This can be fixed, if you have the time and resources.

The two factors driving the gentrification (income inequality and the bedsit ban) aren't going away.

Over the long run I would wager north inner city (Mountjoy Square, Hill St, etc) will gentrify too.

Would love if Mountjoy Square were to gentrify, North Great Georges Street has to an extent. Those houses are so big though that theres a lot of people with deep pockets required if that was to happen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Elano09 wrote:

Would love if Mountjoy Square were to gentrify, North Great Georges Street has to an extent. Those houses are so big though that theres a lot of people with deep pockets required if that was to happen

Aesthetically, I agree.

People in a certain socio-economic bracket still need housing though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:15 am 
Back Home with Mammy

Surprised this isn't Sale Agreed to be honest, last time I called about it (3 weeks ago) it was at 665k and there were still a couple of bidders but they were starting to close out.

There's a mews site to the rear with access, so a couple of builders looking at it. The house itself is in pretty poor state, the ceiling heights are also all very low considering what you'd expect, door heights are also low and you'd stoop to get through the odd one. If you weren't looking for a trophy home you'd get out of it for 150k I think and you'd have a 100+ft West facing garden right by the canal - or maybe a mews instead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 pm 
Single Home Owner

Its back at €750k with planning permission. Doesn't appear on the PPR so it looks like it never sold.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/9-ranelagh-road-ranelagh-dublin-6/4268164

Not clear if the mews has been loped off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm 
Nationalised

This is a much better investment, needs work too but even then.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/broch ... ty/4269036

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?